This Week on The Best Picture Blog: 1928
This year, The Academy upped the drama by adding a few more nominees to the mix.
Monday, April 15: Alibi
- Best Actor Nominee, Chester Morris (as No. 1065, Chick Williams)
- Best Art Direction Nominee, William Cameron Menzies
Tuesday, April 16: Hollywood Revue
Winner Wednesday, April 17: The Broadway Melody
- Best Actress Nominee, Bessie Love (as Hank Mahoney)
- Best Director Nominee, Harry Beaumont
Thursday, April 18: In Old Arizona
- Best Actor Winner, Warner Baxter (as The Cisco Kid)
- Best Cinematography Nominee, Arthur Edeson
- Best Director Nominee, Irving Cummings
- Best Writing Nominee, Tom Barry
Friday, April 19: The Patriot
- Best Actor Nominee, Lewis Stone (as Count Pahlen)
- Best Art Direction Nominee, Hans Dreier
- Best Director Nominee, Ernst Lubitsch
- Best Writing Winner, Hans Kraly
Saturday, April 20: Author vs. The Academy, 1928
Did I agree with The Academy? Do YOU agree with The Academy…? Be sure to take your pick for Best Picture of 1928 by voting in the polls. Polls are featured in every weekly post and never, ever close. You can find what you chose under Readers’ Choice in the menu (under the And the Oscar Goes to… tab).
Want an update for every new post? Click “Follow” to subscribe to The Best Picture Blog!
Got something to say? Drop a line in the Comments.