This Week on The Best Picture Blog: 1927
Oscars # 1
During this first year of The Academy Awards, only three films were nominated for the top prize:
Monday, April 8: 7th Heaven
- Best Actress Winner, Janet Gaynor (as Diane)
- Best Director (Dramatic Picture) Winner, Frank Borzage
- Best Writing (Adaptation) Winner, Benjamin Glazer
- Best Art Direction Nominee, Harry Oliver
Tuesday, April 9: The Racket
Winner Wednesday, April 10: Wings
- Best Engineer Effects Winner, Roy Pomeroy
Saturday, April 13: Author vs. The Academy, 1927
Did I agree with The Academy? Do YOU agree with The Academy…? Be sure to take your pick for Best Picture of 1927 by voting in the polls. Polls are featured in every weekly post and never, ever close. You can find what you chose under Readers’ Choice in the menu (under the And the Oscar Goes to… tab).
Want an update for every new post? Click “Follow” to subscribe to The Best Picture Blog!
Got something to say? Drop a line in the Comments.